Design Thinking blog post

 Design thinking is a term to describe a set of strategies used in the design process. These strategies are used to be a better way of solving problems and cause you to think in different ways than you normally would. The different types of design thinking are empathize, define, ideate, prototype, and test. They’re all used as different ways of thinking and organizing during the design process. They all make the process more intricate and officiant. 

My how might we statement for my project is “How might we reduce eating disorders for people who struggle with eating habits by designing a class for educating people on eating disorders with health professionals and survivors”. I am doing this for people who are struggling with eating disorders, by designing a class for educating people on the topic with educated professionals. I think that is important to have classes educating people about eating disorders because so many more people than you would think struggle with them. In this day and age, with so many influences of social media, people are criticizing their own bodies more and more and start to have body dysmorphia. Eating disorders are a bigger issue in society than people think, and more people need to be aware of this issue. The Design Thinking Process - How does it work? - MAQE - Insights

One takeaway that I have from design thinking is applying all of the different ways of thinking into my design process. I will separate my problem into smaller issues and try to conquer them from there. I will now always understand all parts of my issue before trying to solve it, you can’t have a solution until you completely understand the problem. I will now also take all my ideas to the next level and try to advance my thinking. It is important to dig deeper into what’s going on instead of trying to deal with it from surface level. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Start Your Journey" Blog post

2 Week plan